TEAR AND SHARE
Valuable information to save and share
What if the content of your next book
were performance-driven rather
What if someone could honestly
say as a result of reading your
book they improved their life
by X, Y and Z?
In my first book with
McGraw-Hill, titled Screen
to Screen Selling: How to
Increase Sales and the Customer
Experience, I’m attempting
to do just that. A book can
drive discovery and action
through multimedia. Your
challenge is to select
the right tools
and have a
make it easy
for you to create
and easy for the reader
Inspire Action with Multimedia Tools
Here are nine steps to take advantage of multimedia opportunities:
• Rewrite your book’s table of contents so that each chapter
is an actionable step for the reader to complete. Think
about checklists, assessments or steps in a process.
• Create a free account at HaikuDeck ( www.haikudeck.com) and
build slides with one actionable idea per slide as the heading, followed by supportive bullet points.
• Insert a royalty-free picture in the background that summarizes the end result or benefit the reader will receive by taking action.
• Insert quotes, research, case studies and resource links
inside the notes section of each slide. (See an example
HaikuDeck at www.haikudeck.com/p/m0Qqt1MeJY/
• Export your HaikuDeck slides as both a PDF and as a
• Save the PowerPoint® presentation as pictures to create a
folder of images.
• A Web link is produced for each slide in your HaikuDeck.
• Load your Hootsuite social media profile to release one
slide per day with a corresponding headline and hashtag
to reinforce the actionable items in the book.
• Load the tasks with subtasks using a free account in
Wunderlist, and share a link with your readers. This way,
they can download your list into an app as tasks for them
to complete or to assign to others on their team.
Organizations bring in Doug
Devitre, CSP, when then they
want to improve performance
in their marketing, technology
and sales. His new book,
Screen to Screen Selling, helps sales profes-
sionals visualize conversations with cus-
tomers to improve the experience and
increase their productivity remotely. For more
information, visit www.dougdevitre.com.